Friday, May 14, 2010

The beds over the past month

We slept in a parking lot. We were going to do a canyon here the next morning and asking the neighbors if it was alright to sleep in the parking lot right by there house. They didn't care and were happy we asked. Those are my fun thermals I have on. Very colorful.
Free camp site. No one else was here. A guy kept driving by us looking for his lost dog. It had been lost for 10 days. This is also where Van threw a rock at a possum. They were on the car right by us.
Just the side of the road. Right before you get to the Bay of Islands.
Crouch's family room. Members we found in North Shore. This ended up being our home base. We spent 3 weekends with them. Such a nice family.
Tori's bedroom. This was on flat island. They let me use there daughters bedroom. So nice to have a bed!


Car. We slept in the back of the family's car. They let us use there car while we traveled around Great Barrier Island. It was so cold this night. Van is in the green bag curled up.
Margette got us a backpackers place to stay in one night while on the island. This was so nice of her and unnecessary. We were used to sleeping on the side of the road. But I loved the night we had beds! I couldn't complain.

Beds over the last month. A lot of people have asked where I was sleeping while I was traveling around New Zealand. I tried to get pictures of most the places. So here are some. I don't have all my pictures with me right now but you get the idea. It was an adventure. Showers were a little harder to find but not bad. Water we would get out of the local restrooms in towns or wherever we could find a place to fill up a couple bottles to last us a night or two and then we would just repeat the process.

3 comments:

Christin Foscarini said...

You could officially be an professional bum! That is awesome, so once in a life time :) BTW you weren't kidding about doing some shopping damage! Im jealous :) Excited to get to see you soon. Im glad you got to go visit with Amanda and Brad. See ya soon :)

MandM Embley said...

Yay for posting!! What an adventure!! Thank you for letting me live vicariously through you. You are amazing!

Meredith said...

Haha Anytime Meagan. Now I am home and working so my adventures won't be as often. I am boring now. See you soon!