Friday, May 14, 2010

Last day in New Zealand

This is Margarette. She was amazing. It was so fun to stay with her and her family. She treated us like her own kids. It was wonderful.
Flying by the pilot!
Ben, Van and I about to fly back to Auckland.
We stayed on the little flat island in the middle of this picture. The whole island is only 148 acres. 7 holiday homes of family members who don't live there. They are the only ones the live there all year around. What a different life that would be. It was so fun to spend a week with them.

What a way to end our time in New Zealand. Margarette the lady we stayed with on the little Island off Great Barrier Island flew us back to Auckland! She didn't feel like driving us all the way to the ferry Sunday afternoon so she bought us plane tickets! We flew home with her son who came out to do some fishing with us. We flew home in a little 10 passenger plane. I got to sit next to the pilot! This was such a fun day! It was so beautiful! I thought about my dad a lot while I was flying. He would have been freaking out. He hates heights. But I loved every minute of it.

No comments: