Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summer of Cayoneering


















I had just bought my camera and was excited to use it down a canyon for the first time. We took this amazing family down Birch Canyon. They were probably my favorite family of the summer. We had a blast and the Mom of the family took a few pictures of Isaac and I. It was very sweet.
I named this rock "my square rock" ha ha I told all the groups about it. I got them really excited about it at the beginning of the trip and they looked forward to seeing it. I made Isaac pose with me when we got to it. I don't think he loved it as much as I did. :) Not sure why this rock stuck with me but it did. It turned out to be a funny picture. I love Isaac's face. He put on a huge grin for me! ha ha
I loved meeting all the people on our canyon days. They trusted us and knew it was once in a life time experience for them. All of the family's I got to go with loved it and I loved seeing them so happy in this place I grew to love. Zion is an amazing beautiful place. I will always feel a connection to Zion. I would be driving back to the Ponderosa after Isaac and I would spend our days off in Zion and I would comment almost every time on how beautiful it was. Especially when it would rain on those red cliffs. What an amazing place!



No comments: